||I have e-mailed the Philadelphia Inquirer and will continue to do so until I get post on the editorial page and ask you to do the same. You can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. You need to include your name, phone number, permission to publish the letter and limit your letter to 200 words. The reason, The Inquirer published a letter on 11/2 from Joseph McOscar of Greenwich which is among the most vile written diarrhea I have read. I quote directly:
"The Taliban at Home
Could someone (pundit or otherwise)- please differentiate between the right-wing religious ideologues in this country and their counterparts, the Taliban in Afghanistan? The latter warranted military intervention because of its threat to humanity; the former gets a free pass to determine policy in this country.
Yet their dysfunctional psychological construct and complete distortion of religion appears to be identical. Why is one form of disordered orthodoxy bad but the other good?"
Even though he used a few big words, I am going to assume that this moron used the thesaurus in Word. Is this guy serious? I did not know where to start with my letter or where to end as my mind was reeling!
I need examples of the comparisons between these American Christians and the Taliban. I have plenty of ways to contrast them.
1) Christians do not force their women to cover themselves from head to toe, force their women to ask for permission to leave the house, stone them, gang rape them or remove every option for them to get an education or a career.
2) Christians do not fly planes into buildings, bomb subways, cars, police stations, government buildings, hospitals, dance halls, cafeterias, school buses or tourist buses in the name of God.
3) Christians are taught, "Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." Not to putting the infidels to death wherever they were found (Koran 2:191, 2:244, 4:89, 5:36, 9:5, and 9:29), urging Muslims to fight the unbelievers who are close (Koran 9:123), mentioned and mandating the conquering of those relatives who opposed Muslims because loyalty to Islam overrode all other human bonds (Koran 9:23-24, and 58:22). But I forget, Islam is a religion of peace.
4) Yes, the Us invaded Afghanistan and Iraq, but did anyone notice that there have been free elections. If the US was imperialist and conquering, we would not push for free elections, run by the UN.
5) The free pass that this schmuck talks about is the fact that the electoral process in our country allowed them to have a free pass. The last time I check we elect representatives since we are supposed to be a country of the people, by the people and for the people. The only problem is that Bush is too much of a milquetoast to actually put the mandate to take this country back to a strong conservative ideal and is allowing liberalism and socialism, yes they are synonymous, to permeate this country like a fungus.
Please write The Inquirer, statements such as this can not go unanswered.